Lateral Flow Test In Clinic
- Lateral Flow Test
- All results validated by UKAS-accredited laboratory
- QR coded results certificate sent directly to your email address from a UKAS-accredited laboratory within 2 hours of completing test
- For in-clinic tests on request we can provide a certificate confirming undertaken under supervision from a medical professional
- Great customer service team available with no telephone queues when trying to reach us!
- 5 star customer experiences – Find us on google
- Travel arrangements changed? We provide easy appointment cancellations, if required.
What are Rapid Tests?
‘Rapid tests’ are sometimes known as lateral flow tests. They are tests that are taken and processed immediately after taking your sample. After completing the swabbing process, your sample is mixed in a solution and then applied to an on site test device, which offers a result within 15-30 minutes after sampling.
To date, they are not as sensitive as PCR tests (which remains the ‘gold standard’) however the speed of result can be beneficial in many settings, and they are significantly more affordable than PCR tests.
How do we take your sample?
The swab is taken from both your nostrils and for some test types also your throat.
How will i get my result?
- Rapid Tests for travel
For our travel tests, photos of our results are sent to our laboratory partners for validation and issuing of an official certificate for you,, which will come to you directly from the laboratory. This process takes 1- 2 hours. All our laboratories are UKAS accredited.
- Tests for general purposes
If you simply require a result for general purposes, such as before visiting a relative or in order to attend a meeting or workplace safely, we can provide you a result verbally +/- by email in 15-30 minutes.
What if I test positive?
It can be possible to test positive either because you have the virus (a true positive) or very occasionally as a false positive, where some other factor causes the positive result (for instance a related virus). We recommend to arrange a PCR test for anyone who tests positive with a lateral flow test.
Which Test Type do you use?
222 Healthcare is constantly monitoring the market, and has procured 4 types of rapid tests.
- Abbott Panbio Antigen Test
The Abbott Panbio Covid-19 Antigen Self-Test, as defined in its supporting documentation is a lateral flow test used for qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigen, and has a Sensitivity of 98.1% (95% CI 93.2% – 99.80%) and Specificity of 99.80% (95% CI 98.60% – 100.00%). The test devices are CE Marked. The Abbott Pandio Antigen Test is also FDA approved, making it suitable for travel to the United States of America and other countries which require a FDA approved test on arrival.
- Healgen Coronavirus Antigen Rapid Test
The Healgen Coronavirus Antigen Rapid Test Cassette (Swab), as defined in its supporting documentation, has a sensitivity of 98.32% (95% CI 94.06% – 99.80%) and Specificity of 99.60% (95% CI 98.83% – 99.92%). The test devices are CE Marked.
- Excalibur Rapid Test for detecting Coronavirus Antigen:
The Excalibur rapid test for detecting coronavirus antigen (COVID-19), as defined in its supporting documentation, has a sensitivity of 96.19% and Specificity of 99.20%. The test devices are CE Marked.
- FlowFlex SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test (Self Testing)
The FlowFlex SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test (Self Testing), as defined in its supporting documentation, has a sensitivity of 97.1% (95% CI 93.1% – 98.9%) and Specificity of 99.5% (95% CI 98.2% – 99.9%). The test devices are CE Marked and FDA approved